Friday, April 30, 2010

Where can I find the best HELOC rates to refinance my second mortgage?

My current rate is near 10%, and I'd like to find a HELOC rate of prime minus 1%, no fees, and accepting a LTV of 90%Where can I find the best HELOC rates to refinance my second mortgage?
I agree, www.bankrate.com has rates from many different lenders, and links to specific places to obtain loans, like lowermybills.com. the HELOC rates are around 7%, but I'm not sure if they will allow an LTV of 90%.





http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/brm_loa鈥?/a>Where can I find the best HELOC rates to refinance my second mortgage?
bankrate.com
Ya know, they all offer pretty competetive rates. However you do need to look at some of the fine print on the HELOCs. What are you planning on doing with it? How many transactions per month? etc... I teach people how to use a HELOC to pay off their homes faster.





Out of all of the banks that I have worked with, I find that CHASE, WELLS FARGO, and US BANK offer great rates and very low hassle.





So like I say, what you are going to do with it, should play a factor in selecting the propor HELOC.
Take out a closed-end 2nd mtg with a fixed rate, helocs have variable interest rates and they work like a huge credit card since the balance never goes down.





You won't get such terms as prime minus 1% on a 2nd mtg either, have you thought about what's the avg. rate you are paying for BOTH your 1st and 2nd mtg.? Consider refinancing and consolidating both mtgs into one.
Credit unions (on average) offer much better HELOC rates than banks (see http://www.datatrac.net/CUNA/execonline.asp?view=product%26amp;pcode=C-0049)





Pen Fed CU regularly has extremely good rates on both HELOCs and regular home equity loans.





https://www.penfed.org/index.asp
  • applying make up
  • eye liquid
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment