Friday, April 30, 2010

I have been paying the mortgage note on my dead fathers property for over a year, it this property mine?

Should I transfer this mortgage in my name and, also my lawyer did not mention this to me, the only thing in my father's name is his bank accounts and a truck. Should the accounts and truck only be in the probate inventory. Besides I live in the property.I have been paying the mortgage note on my dead fathers property for over a year, it this property mine?
It is not yours unless the deed has your name on it.I have been paying the mortgage note on my dead fathers property for over a year, it this property mine?
The property is not yours unless it passed to you under a trust, which I doubt - you would know about it and would have have to have signed papers. It does not matter where you live.





You sound like you are in a pretty ****** up situation. If the only things in your father's name are the truck and bank account, who owns the property that you have been paying the mortgage for? You need to find a real lawyer who will start the probate process and place ALL the belongings of your dad into probate,find out who the property belongs to, and so on.. If your dad died over a year ago, this is way overdue.
NO WILL GIVING YOU THE PROPERTY OR BUSINESS?


MAKE A WILL DATE IT A FEW YEARS BACK IF NEED BE. TAKE MONEY OUT AND HIDE IT.


GET WILL PROBATED THEN.


HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS, MAKE SURE ALL HIS BILLS ARE TAKEN CARE OF OR THE PROPERTY WILL BE SOLD.


iF A LOT OF BILLS, FIND A WAY TO GET FINAMCING TO PAY THEM OFF DURING PROBATE OR THE PROPERTY WILL BE SOLD TO PAY THEM OFF.
You do not own the property unless the deed has been put in your name. The mortgage is just the loan for the property not ownership ofit.





If you have the loan to a car in your name but the title is not in your name, you don't own the car - just responsible for making the payments on it. Same with a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment