Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What Laws and regs are manufactured home mortgage lenders subject to in Oregon?

I am having a problem with my lender potentially breaking laws. They are sending faxes to my landlord when we don't return a phone call and so on.





Can anyone tell me what laws they are subject to and what type of attorney I should contact about my concerns?What Laws and regs are manufactured home mortgage lenders subject to in Oregon?
manufactured home, meaning trailer? Landlord, meaning trailer park owner?





Go to http://www.ftc.gov, and look up the consumer credit information. You'll find the Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, which will tell you what can and cannot be done. If you see a violation, document it, and file a complaint with whatever state regulatory agency (usually Commerce) handles collection agencies in your state.

No comments:

Post a Comment